102.0.8 Refreshing constantly

For any bugs found in the current beta.

102.0.8 Refreshing constantly

Postby Cat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:55 am

When I first installed this version it all seemed to run fine - running humas, instances, trials & league for me. Then at some point (when I was out on not watching of course) it stopped with the message asking if I wanted to downgrade to a more stable version. I clicked on no expecting it to go back to what it was doing but it now refreshes, collects res, starts an instance, goes to the galaxy view and sits cicking on the home and galaxy buttons over and over for about a minute and then refreshes. This is repeated without fail for as long as I keep the program running.

I deleted the entire installation, reinsrtalled it. Worked again perfectly - approx 24hrs later I come home from work and the "do you want to downgrade" message was waiting for me - again I clicked no and I am now back to the same cycle of refreshing.

This is the second instance of this version I have installed. The original one has not skipped a beat since I installed it - I have not seen anywhere that you cannot run 2 betas on the same PC. The main difference beyween the 2 is the first one is set to run humas only and nothing else. The second is also set to run other activities, I wanted to check everything worked before I swapped my main account over competely so I am glad I did.
Cat

Re: 102.0.8 Refreshing constantly

Postby Cat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:50 pm

A quick update - I realised I didn't have it set to the beta stream so I fixed that - I have cleared cache & cookies, problems still existed so I did another fresh install. It ran for about 2 hrs and then the problem came back. Once again stuck in the cycle of constant refreshing.
Cat

Postby admin » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:33 am

Refreshing at that point means it can't see the "Home" icon on your planet, when trying to click your planet to get your coordinates. Is there something partially covering/blocking that icon, or does it look different than normal somehow?
Read the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2132

FOLLOW THIS BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:39 pm

My planet is sitting up close to a huma and when it moves to galaxy view the planet is sitting right at the bottom of the screen. If I turn off all other choices and just run humas it runs fine, I will move my planet annd see if that helps.
Cat

Return to Beta Bugs