For any bugs found in the current beta.

Postby NeverWrites » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:44 am

First off, great job overall on the Humaroid update. It's much appreciated, as are the rapid-fire changes/fixes over the past few days to tighten up the implementation.

That said, let me fire a few more suggestions + bugs in your direction. :D

1) I think we need the ability to organize/reorder the entries in the "Fleet Groups" list. Even just some simple "move up"/"move down" buttons would do nicely, since the order in that list impacts the order in which fleets are dispatched out to Humas.

2) I saw a "weird situation" with a Huma that had about 10mins left on its counter, but was a good half-hour away with any of my fleets. I had several (5?) fleet-groups set up that were 'allowed' to attempt that level of Huma. Basically, the bot tried them all in sequence, rather than, say, figuring out that not a single one of my fleets could possibly get there in time. Seems like the bot could save itself some time by being just a little more clever there.

3) I have a minor problem with the "Resource satellites" now that it's been moved to the 'Options' panel. Basically, if the "harvest/plant" cycle starts up while I'm sitting in front of my computer, I'll tend to cancel it and do it manually. (Rather than sitting through my mouse being grabbed away from me.) After I manually harvest/plant the satellites, I go to the "harvest in" type-in and enter 24h, then re-start the bot. In the Stable build, this works well, and the bot will start back up and ignore the "harvest/plant" until the timer hits zero again. In this Beta, the bot will still try to do a "harvest/plant" cycle as soon as it's restarted, despite the "harvest in" value not being at zero.
NeverWrites

Re: 102.0.3

Postby admin » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:37 am

NeverWrites wrote:First off, great job overall on the Humaroid update. It's much appreciated, as are the rapid-fire changes/fixes over the past few days to tighten up the implementation.

That said, let me fire a few more suggestions + bugs in your direction. :D

1) I think we need the ability to organize/reorder the entries in the "Fleet Groups" list. Even just some simple "move up"/"move down" buttons would do nicely, since the order in that list impacts the order in which fleets are dispatched out to Humas.

Good point, I'll add this to the to-do list.
NeverWrites wrote:2) I saw a "weird situation" with a Huma that had about 10mins left on its counter, but was a good half-hour away with any of my fleets. I had several (5?) fleet-groups set up that were 'allowed' to attempt that level of Huma. Basically, the bot tried them all in sequence, rather than, say, figuring out that not a single one of my fleets could possibly get there in time. Seems like the bot could save itself some time by being just a little more clever there.

This will only happen once. Initially, the bot doesn't know what the travel time for each fleet is, but once it tries the fleet once, it uses a math formula to determine the fleets travel time based on the distance and the sync time, so after it sees it once, it can predict in the future without having to try. Currently this isn't saved though, so it will do it again after closing/reopening the bot.
NeverWrites wrote:3) I have a minor problem with the "Resource satellites" now that it's been moved to the 'Options' panel. Basically, if the "harvest/plant" cycle starts up while I'm sitting in front of my computer, I'll tend to cancel it and do it manually. (Rather than sitting through my mouse being grabbed away from me.) After I manually harvest/plant the satellites, I go to the "harvest in" type-in and enter 24h, then re-start the bot. In the Stable build, this works well, and the bot will start back up and ignore the "harvest/plant" until the timer hits zero again. In this Beta, the bot will still try to do a "harvest/plant" cycle as soon as it's restarted, despite the "harvest in" value not being at zero.

That's strange... I'll look at it to see if I can reproduce this, but moving it shouldn't have changed anything.
Read the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2132

FOLLOW THIS BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949
admin
Site Admin

Return to Beta Bugs